Thursday, May 11, 2006

"I hate writing. I love having written"

Says the straight-talking Dorothy Parker. Which sort of sums up how things are now. And going to be for a while now. Sigh. It almost feels like sacrilege to be working when the weather is getting so gorgeous. Warm, honeyed sunshined is streaming in, bathing everything in a golden glow. And the bluebells are rustling.

Now, I know why all those poetry got written in spring.

But I leave you with a lame joke.

Q: How many Chicago school economists does it take to change a light bulb?
A: None, if it needs changing the market will take care of it.

Ha ha ha. But I sort of dig taking a shot at these nutters, ya know?




.....

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok, I'm even more lame... I didn't get that joke! hahaha!

atenah said...

oh ciksinarsuria, you say things thats swimming in my head...

Jane Sunshine said...

May: I've inserted a wiki link for reference but really, dont bother says she who thinks neo-liberal ideas have caused carnage. Still, I have very good friends who think Milton Friedman rules. What can I say?

Atenah: What did I say cik tenah?

Kak Teh said...

i am with may! perhaps my brain is clogged up, adn i am being attacked by these pollens left right and centre!

Anonymous said...

What a lovely quote. I think I feel the same way. I also hate that I have all these ideas and I can't put them down fast enough on paper, if ever.

Mint Chutney said...

Don't worry May, I'm even lamer... I read the link and STILL don't get it.

Blabarella said...

Okay, one thing's clear. Quite a few of us here just DON'T get it, with or without the link. I wonder if Sunshine's brains can rub off on us by us just visiting her blog? *fingers crossed*

Jane Sunshine said...

Kak Teh: Hope you are feeling better now dear. See you tmorow hopefully.

Marita: Yes, its such a lovely quote and captures how I feel. I have all this great ideas in my head, but when I put them down, they turn out to be sodden and limp. My supervisor thinks I'm in deep shit. And that's not very comforting.

Mint: Oh, it makes fun about free market advocates (like the Chicago school economists).

Blabs: This is all useless knowledge. Ha ha ha.