Sunday, March 18, 2012

Some inspiration


I've always been a follow your heart and live kind of person, especially when it comes to the work I choose to do, my life purpose and how I define myself. 

I've always felt very spiritual about it. That God must have plonked me at a place for a reason. For me to learn, and be of use. When I first walked along the criminal courts, I said a prayer everyday to guide me and to do the right thing. 

Today I came across the founder of Aravind Eyecare and have been moved so much by what he has to say:

Dr. V begins and ends every day at the hospital with a visit to the meditation room for "a silent talk with God". In discussing his work as a spiritual practice, Dr. V has said, "When I go to meditation room at the hospital every morning, I ask God that I be a better tool, a receptacle for the divine force. We can all serve humanity in our normal professional lives by being more generous and less selfish in what we do. You don't have to be a 'religious' person to serve God. You serve God by serving humanity."

1 comment:

Light Bulb said...

Hi Jane

Been long time since I went into your blog (and mine for that matter!). But I love what I read here. Heart, heart!

Lightbulb